First up, breakfast a la Christmas leftovers. Sweet potatoes and ham seasoned with a little garlic powder and thyme, oven roasted and topped with a fried egg. Yum. Seriously. Had huge compliments and requests for it to be made again.
For lunch, the kids and I took care of some leftovers: salads, kale and artichoke dip, pressed eggplant sandwiches, beef stew, all gone.
For dinner, we had some yummy (and very spicy!) Pakistani food from a local take out place with my parents.
Out of the box:
- Not really anything I haven’t accounted for already, I think.
We still have:
- Napa cabbage. Holy cow, do we still have Napa. I’m planning lo mein for lunch tomorrow, and I might have to hide it in with something else.
- Red cabbage. Only about a quarter of a head, though. I can prolly add that to the lo mein. Or I might make lo mein for the kids and make a Buddha bowl for myself. Brown rice > noodles.
- Handful of snap peas. These are totally going in the lo mein.
- Oranges. Hmm. Maybe I’ll have the girl juice them tomorrow.
- Satsumas. Not complaining. I love snacking on these beauties, and I only have a few left.
- Beets. I need to roast these tomorrow, then figure out what I’m going to make with them. Maybe muffins using my beet bread recipe. That way I can freeze some to have for February lunches.
- I had to throw away one head of lettuce. It got shoved to the back of the fridge and went south before we could eat it.